Monday, October 29, 2012

Matthew Fox Covers 'Men's Health UK'

Matthew Fox shows off his colorful tattoos on the cover of the December 2012 issue of Men’s Health UK, on newsstands October 29. Here’s what the 46-year-old actor had to share: On the motivation for his extreme weight loss for his new film Alex Cross: “When I read the part, it felt immediately that my character [serial killer Picasso] is burning energy on almost a hyper level. Without needing to spend any time in the gym he would just look like that. Almost disturbingly vascular and tendony, and fucking just… weird. That would come from an enormous amount of energy burning inside this guy.â€� On shedding nearly a fifth of his bodyweight the healthy way: “I didn’t want to lose weight unhealthily, but I didn’t know how to do it any other way. I read somewhere that when Christian Bale was preparing for The Machinist he ate nothing but an apple a day for months. Just one apple. That can’t be good for you.â€� On his hardcore fat-stripping for big scenes: “I lost around 20kg altogether. And as you can imagine, the dieting was difficult because I love to eat. As we moved closer to the movie I started eating less. There were certain scenes in the film where for a week or 10 days beforehand it was really hardcore. I was only eating chicken breasts, steamed broccoli and protein shakes made with water. That was brutal.â€� For more on Matthew, visit Menshealth.co.uk and pick up the issue for the full interview.

Source : http://www.justjared.com/2012/10/29/matthew-fox-covers-mens-health-magazine/

No comments:

Post a Comment