Friday, September 14, 2012

Ben Affleck Talks Blake Lively in 'Details' October 2012

Ben Affleck looks handsome on the cover of Details magazine’s October 2012 issue. Here is what the 40-year-old Argo actor/director had to share with the mag: On touring around Boston with Blake Lively: “When I was doing The Town, I’d tour the actors around Boston. I was with Blake, and I saw Matt [Damon]’s childhood home. And I said, “Oh yeah, that’s where Matt grew up.â€� And she said, “Who?â€� And I said, “Matt Damon.â€� And she said, “Oh my God! You know Jason Bourne?!â€� She really didn’t know. And I thought, “There it is. The first age of people who are adults who missed the whole Matt and Ben propaganda campaign!â€� Mostly, it just made me feel old.” On balancing work and family: “Absolutely. Anytime you think, “I’m wasting my time here,â€� the first thought you have is “I could go home and be with my kids.â€� Now, you may go home and be with your kids and very quickly start thinking, “I wonder what’s on the work front?â€� Because running around after three kids is very trying. Now everything has to compete with being with my family. I don’t want to be a stay-at-home dad. Work is very important to me. I like to work. So does my wife. But I need my work to mean something to me in order for me to not be home with them.” On Gigli and Jennifer Lopez: “In our culture, we get very much into short- handing people. And I got shorthanded as That Guy: Jennifer Lopez, movies bombed, therefore he must be a sort of thoughtless dilettante, solipsistic consumer blah blah blah. It’s hard to shake those sort of narratives. If you were looking at that one-liner on me in 2003, which was definitely the annus horribilis [laughs] of my life. I made a bunch of movies that didn’t work. I was ending up in the tabloids. I don’t know what the lesson is, except that you just have to find your compass… People bring up 2003, and I get it. Jennifer Lopez, and Gigli, and all this shit just kind of blew up. But, you know, in 2003, Barack Obama was a state senator in Illinois! Okay?” For more from Ben‘s revealing interview, visit Details.com!

Source : http://www.justjared.com/2012/09/13/ben-affleck-talks-blake-lively-in-details-october-2012/

No comments:

Post a Comment