Saturday, June 2, 2012

America Ferrera: America4America Launch in DC!

America Ferrera announces Voto Latino‘s new “America4America” campaign on Thursday (May 31) in Washington, DC. The 28-year-old actress will be the face of the organization’s new initiative and serve as its ambassador to inform more young people about issues of the upcoming 2012 election. “At 9-years-old, California was facing down Proposition 187 and one day before heading out to school my mother had to pull me aside to prepare me for what might happen at school,” America said during the press conference. “And she said to me, ‘You are an American, and don’t let anyone scare you, you belong here.’” “Now the irony of asking America where she was from, is funny, but the moment was terrifying. I’m standing here today because this moment has never left me,” she added. “Nearly 20 years later in 2012, on the eve of this important election, we’re announcing this campaign because that moment of intimidation and fear that I experienced is still too real for so many Americans.”

Source : http://www.justjared.com/2012/06/02/america-ferrera-america4america-launch-in-dc/

No comments:

Post a Comment