Monday, March 12, 2012

Genesis Rodriguez: 'Flaunt' Magazine Feature!

Genesis Rodriguez poses in sexy lingerie for a photo spread in Flaunt Magazine‘s Issue 120. Here is what the 24-year-old Casa de Mi Padre actress had to share with the mag: On her new Spanish language flick: “I feel like Will [Ferrell] was really doing his Will thing. I didn’t know whether to take [my character] seriously or funny. I made that decision [to play it straight] on my own.” On her experience doing telanovelas: “I’m bilingual, so I’ve always known the difference [between overacting and unexaggerated acting]. Radio acting, everything was about the voice, and that morphed into telenovelas. I came here and I met a lot of actors who are underplaying. Personally, I think a lot of actors are toning it down way too much. Because I’m Latin, I’m a passionate person as is, so I have a little bit of leeway. Watching Audrey Hepburn makes me happy. She’s not afraid. She shouted. It’s like a performance. Obviously, there’s a beauty in the understatement; there is a reality. [For me], it’s difficult. To me, being Latina, making it big is easy.” On her role on the telenovela Dona Barbara: ““In the first episode, my character didn’t know how to read or write. I was very animalistic. I would look at people like an animal would. Dude, if I ever have to be a savage, I know how to do it. By the end, I was a very fine lady.” For more from Genesis, visit Flaunt.com!

Source : http://www.justjared.com/2012/03/12/genesis-rodriguez-flaunt-magazine-feature/

No comments:

Post a Comment